Friday, December 18, 2009

2500 hands

Ninja.

Well, I am a quarter of the way through my experiment and am… losing. Uh, if the horrible display my first 1000 hands made of themselves is truly anomalous I might pull this out yet, but this evening wasn’t encouraging. Well, I should cut myself some slack. I called an all-in preflop for a whole stack and caught Q9off with my pocket aces- and lost. Then, my last hand of the night I flopped top two pair on a flush draw board with several players in the pot. First guy makes a weak raise, I raise over him to make it a pot size call, guy behind me goes all in, big stack shoves over him all in, first guy folds. I figure one guy for top pair and the other for the flush draw. I was half right. I was up against a flush draw and bottom set. Bottom set won. This pretty much washed my other winnings for the evening.

That said, I still feel okay about how things are going. 10k hands comes a LOT faster multi tabling cash games than single tabling tournaments. Not just the 4x either- no breaks- play is faster- no waiting for the tables to start… It’s just fast.

Also of note- I am up in every .02/.05 session. Not enough of them for that to be statistically meaningful, but I’ve yet to see anything too lame on those tables. So, that is encouraging.

Am starting to have a lot of data on some players too and this is interesting. If the sharks truly do see out fish- am I being stalked? Or am I just on ripe tables? Or are they just playing so many that of course we overlap? Other than the stacking with top two pair vs. bottom set I didn’t give any large amount of money to any of them. One other medium pot- but that was all.

Anyway, bed now I guess. I plan on working tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment