Sunday, November 8, 2009

Still not over 200

Ninja.

5.5 SNG 9seat

I hope its not one of those days. But if I had an eight ball it might tell me that “all signs point to yes”.

Roughly hand 7 or so… SB with A4 off.

Everyone folds, button limps, I make it 3x to go. BB folds. Button calls. Note- we are less than 10 hands in and this guy has 3x the starting stack.
Pot is 260
Flop AJ2
I bet 180. He calls.
Flop is a 3.
I bet 200- he calls.
River is a 7.
I make a small bet 125. He calls.
Turns over J2.

I recovered but the table has been tight so the blinds are huge even though my stack was “average”. Certainly in “push fold” area. It folds around to me on the button and I’ve got 99. SB has me stacked- BB is an ultra micro. I- for some reason I can’t put into words- “feel” that shoving is too heavy so I 3x it. SB calls.

Flop comes KJ6. A) I am scared he has it and B) the pot is already big and C) I “tell myself” that since somebody is all-in maybe he will check it down with me. I check, he checks, turn is a blank, but he bets 200. Maybe 1/5 of the pot. I call even though I know its wrong. River doesn’t help- he bets again and I fold. He shows down AK so I guess I am glad I didn’t shove but it crippled me pretty good.

And I go out when I flop the Q high flush but big stack had the A high. Oh well.

5.5 SNG 9 seat

I am frustrated and playing poorly. I am basically out- M = 1 after the second hand. Next round I play ultra tight. Jesus.

5.5 SNG 9 seat

Hhmmm… folded through two blind levels- well, not true- couple of steals- but I did fold 77 in the BB with a 5x raise and a caller in front of me- I would have hit my set….

But, down to 2/3 the starting stack when I flopped middle pair and second nut flush draw… called some mathematically correct bets but didn’t complete and gave it up to pressure on the river.

I missed a chance to go all in with an M of 11… it was over 10 so I convinced myself not to open shove the pot with KQs. Gave it up post flop. Then I made a horrible reraise all in against the other short stack with A3s and he turned over 77 to crippled me. I had to pee and it ruined my focus.

5.5 SNG 9seat

Just a quick comment before I continue. That last table played VERY differently than my last 5 or 6 tables and I did not adjust well because I had “committed” to playing a tight game.

Anyway.

I just let myself get played. Shit.

BB with KJ off.
Button raises 3x.
I call.
Flop comes A high, two diamonds- I have a diamond but missed.
I bet out ¾- he calls.
Turn is another diamond. I now have a draw to 3rd diamond flush.
I check. Hoping he thinks I completed…
He bets the pot- I fold.
Then I notice he has played 80% of the pots and raised all of them preflop.

I reraise him all in with TT later and he folds.

I call him with T9s but somebody else shoves and I fold.

And I go out on the bubble.

I am in the 5 way with the least chips and I battle my way to a solid second and bust number 5. We are on the bubble and I am healthy as hell.

Big stack is UTG and limps.
I raise from the button with AKoff.
Flop comes K high.
He bets 400 into the 700ish pot.
I reraise all in- I don’t want to “play” with him.
He calls with KT and hits his T on the river.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

Lets be clear- I am 90% to win here.

5.5 SNG 9seat

Well a nice fat lead gets destroyed when I hit top pair second kicker and second nut flush draw and four to the broadway straight. It turns into a 3 way all in (note: I’ve got them both stacked and I started the raising- so my odds are awesome). One guy had the nut flush draw and the other guy had a set of tens. I did not improve although the flush would have made me lost to the other guy.

I am the smallest stack but still big enough that nobody but the chip leader should want to pay me off. I push all in with AQoff. Second smallest stack calls. Just for shits the big stack calls too.

We turn over AQoff, A7off, and KJoff.

Second smallest stack- with A7off… hits quads.

5.5 SNG 9seat

I take a nice pot early when I flop a pair and a straight draw, turn the straight and a flush draw, and river the flush.

I open 3x on the button with Q7off and get a min repop from the BB. I call, miss the flop, and fold to a min bet.

Another call/raise everything all the time guy and I wind up heads up. I just don’t know how to deal with this- I give up a huge lead and take second.

I fucking hate myself.

5.5 SNG 9seat

I take 3rd. I am not proud. I am still down for the night and down for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment