Sunday, October 11, 2009

First day playing back home (homegame not included)

Ninja.

Took a couple of days off. Not feeling well. Playing anyway. Computer running slow- feel like it needs a reboot but SNG has started.

Folded AToff on the button with limpers and a raise in front of me.

Folded QToff in middle late with a raise in front of me.

I’ve been trying to do some work with standard deviation as it applies to hole cards. So far it is beyond me. I’d like to be able to quantify my bad runs in this context to see if I am “running reasonable bad”, “running insanely bad”, or “running what the fuck baby jesus hates you bad”.

More folding.

JQoff in the BB.
Limper
Min raise from the button
I call
Other guy calls
Flop is 945
I check, button raiser makes it 2x the pot
I fold

Folded K3 from the small blind- would have flopped two pair for the price of half a limp.

Wait, full house on the river.

QToff on the button- folded with some action in front of me.

A8off in the BB, min raise from the button
I reraise to 4x, he calls
I miss the flop
Continuation bet of ¾
He folds

ATsuited in the SB
One limper
I raise 4x
BB reraises 3.5x my raise
I fold

KK on the button next hand
I steal the blinds- bleh

More folding.

I am thinking of going to a vlog (verbal blog?) format. Video seems overkill and I want the excuse to narrate the action. I had told myself I would start doing this for my own sake- to help focus on the action- meanwhile I was struggling to keep up with my transcription of the action. I put two and two together and…

I meant to bring home some chips from Co. but failed. I guess it is because I lost them all.

Blinds increasing.
Trying a midraise from mid with Q8 to see if I can scoop some blinds.
It folds to the BB, who goes into the tank, then reraises me.
The only hand I’ve seen him play was KK.
So I fold.

I draw 99 on the button
3x from hijack
I call
I hit second set
He raises
I reraise
He goes all in
I call
He turns over AA
Set holds up

And correction- KK guy… I never saw his KK. Just went back. He “said” he had KK. So, maybe a bad fold except I was pretty much bluffing with Q8suited.

TT in the SB
One limper
3x raise
BB folds
Limper folds

KQsuited one off the button
3x
Small stack goes all in for double my raise- I don’t think I can let it go.
He turns over AJsuited
I hit a Q
He is out

3x with 55 from early- we are 6 handed though
One caller
Miss the flop
He checks
I bet a little more than half the pot
He folds

Get a free flop in the BB with Q3
SB is a small stack
Flop top pair
He makes a small bet
I put him all in
He folds


I fold JToff on the button to a small stack all in

Folded A2off in the BB to an SB all in

Perhaps an error.

Small stack all in
I’ve got 66
I want him to myself
I push all in
Then realize I am doing it with 66
Well, isolation works
He turns over 88
Hits a set on the flop and I double him up

This hurts psychologically but I am still second in chips.

I get a walk with A7off.

I limp from the SB with Q2suited
I flop bottom pair and a flush draw
I make a pot sized bet with two left to act
First guy folds
Second guy goes all in over me
I call based on stack size alone
Flush completes on the river
Note: he had TPTK

I fold A8suited to a small stack all in

Another walk- this time with J5off

Min raise from the SB with K3suited- scoop

ATsuited on the button- 3x- scoop

I take a small pot from the BB when the SB limps and we check to the river. (ace high wins it)

Saw a free flop with Q8suited
Flopped four to the
Guy in front of me checked
I checked
Other guy makes a half pot bet
First guy goes all in
I fold
Better calls
Flush does not complete- good fold!

AQsuited in late- guy in front of me makes a 4x raise
I reraise about double that
Scoop

Folding 66 UTG 5 handed
I feel like there are some big moves pending and don’t want to get caught out with a hand I can’t defend. Major chip leader- so some freedom there.

Free flop with 92off,
Two limpers with me
I hit the 2
Smallblind bets
I fold

Four handed now

I am so mad at myself. I let my play be influenced by something I read earlier today and it cost me half my stack. There is NO EXCUSE for defending your blind without cards- EVER. EVER. EVER. Hitting middle pair is the WORSE thing that could happen to you after- or at least really bad.

Okay, small stack goes all in on the bubble
Everyone calls
So I call too
We check to the river where I hit quads
I bet about 1/3 the pot
I get one caller

Bubble is burst

I got out in third with second pair to top pair. Big stack put me all in with top pair shitty kicker. I didn’t grant the move much respect since he could pay me off and still be in solid position. Oh well.

5+5 SNG 9

AQoff in mid
Limper
Pot sized raise
BB and limper come with
Miss the flop
BB checks
Limper makes a small bet
I call with two overs
BB folds
Turn is another under blank
Limper makes another small bet
I call with my overs
River comes another under card
I am thinking how did I get myself into this?
Limper makes another small bet
I reraise about double his bet- this puts 2/3 of my stack in the pot
HE FOLDS

Holy shit!

AQoff again next hand
Min raise from early
Caller from late mid
Reraise from late
I decide to sit it out
It goes to all in preflop QQ vs KK

ATsuited in late
Couple limpers
I make a just under pot sized raise
They all fold

Sorry, was doing other stuff while I played. I did get my money in bad and suck out once, that was exciting.

I guess I shouldn’t have enjoyed it. When I went to close it out heads up with two pairs OVER his pocket pair he sucked out on the river. I made a good fight of it but pushed all in with A9 against his 99. FOR THE LOSE.

2nd

5+5 SNG 9

6th- went poorly from the start- bounced my top pair off and over pair (KK) to go out

5+5 SNG 9

3rd

Just a quick PS:

We had our home game last week right after we got back from Co. It was a low turn out- I had to bribe my brother in law by paying his buy in... even still, we were 5 handed. I took second, brother in law took first, I got my buy-in from him back. He runner runnered a full house to beat my flopped straight to NOT LOSE and get a big lead. Then he bluffed me off a shitty flush that would have brought it all back- then he closed me out... don't remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment