Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I resisted... but at least it was gentle.

Ninja.

Poker was terrible yesterday. So far it is terrible today. I wanted to play a bigger field so I joined a 3600… I went out before registration was over. Hey, at least I didn’t need to pay any blinds…

Guy with a fat stack (meaning he is eating other players whole- luckbox donk style) raises (actually, it was my big blind) and I’ve got KQsuited. I call. Flop comes TTQ. I feel pretty good about this- except that of course he raised with TJ. Done. I can’t blame anything but myself there I guess. I probably would have been content to sit and wait a bit except for yesterdays 6/7 loss session with 4 of those loses being bullshit suckouts. I swear that 50-75% of my bad play comes from being demoralized about the fucking retarded shit. On the one hand I’d like to “break that cycle” but on the other hand there is enough of the fucked up stuff that it would be impossible- at this rate- for me to be profitable anyway.

First SNG- AT cracked by 22. I would never win that from the other side- ever.

Second SNG- AA cracked by TT. Money in preflop.

Doing a 90 knock out- first hand I play is QQ. I raise preflop- two callers. Flop is J89 all spades- I’ve got a red and a club. First guy bets the pot- I fold, other guy calls. They bet back and forth- river completes my straight. They turn over T8 and 56. Neither with a fucking spade. People are fucking retarded. I don’t want to be one.

Second hand was AKs. I played the same way- got no action.

Third hand was QQ again- played the same way- 3x from mid. One caller. Flop is 68J with two clubs. I bet the pot. He calls. Turn is a deuce. I don’t have enough left to bet the pot so I go all in. He calls and turns over J8. Of course. River pairs the deuce giving me a better 2 pair. Not sure how to feel, but I can’t muster any joy in it.

Fourth was AKoff UTG. I made it 4x since my position was so bad. BB called. Flop came ace high, no straight, 2 flush cards. BB bet and I pushed all in. He folded.

Fifth was not on purpose. Saw a free flop with 89. Flopped open ended and 4 to a flush. I continuation bet and got three fucking callers. Nothing completed and I folded it.

Sixth was K6off in the small blind- steal and scoop.

Seventh was A8suited from mid. A big limping party formed so I got in on it. I flopped 4 to the and somebody made a medium sized bet- several callers- I tagged along with more than the odds I needed. Only a couple folds. Missed the turn. Raiser made a min raise, everyone called, I went along too. River, same thing- missed again. I called a 300 chip bet for a 4500 chip pot with ace high- they split with top pair. Would have been a massive coup if I’d hit my fucking flush… Gay.

Blinds are now massive and I could be in trouble. We are 60 hands in and other than the hands you heard about here I’ve had nothing worth even considering. Like, no KT, no JTs… nothing.

We are on break and I’ve got 4130 chips with 200/400/50. 1050 to play each round. 33 players left, I am at about half the average. I’d be just a hair under if I’d stayed out of the A8suited pot- but then I’d be top 5 if I’d hit…

I need to make some double up ops or I am in trouble.

Guy at my table hit trips to bust two people then a full house to bust three. He went from a stack about my size to the chip leader. The blinds went up and my M is now 3.

Oh, ha, and after they broke our table they put him on my right.

Oh man, play is going so slow that the blinds have gone up before they even came around to me. Best hand to make a move I’ve had was K2 with an all-in in front of me. Other than that I saw J3. T3. 73 utg… going into BB- man I hope it’s a hand!

300/600/75 with 2730. aarrgghhh

89off… that will do it I think… it folds to the SB (chip leader) who, of course, raises me- I push all in- he calls with seven fucking seven and hits his set.

FUCK YOU

I went out 22 and did not knock a single person out. Lame as fuck.

Thanks to two bad runs following my 17/20 (bad runs accounting for about 75% of my play since then actually) my bankroll is about demolished. I am in a 5+5 SNG 9 and signed on for a 6.5 90 knock out. I might as well enjoy my last few dollars.

I did not expect the 90 to fill up so fast. Oh well.

On another note… Its been a brutal couple of days emotionally. After my horrid trip to Co. I took several days off from poker only to get fucked in the ass my second day back. Hell, the first day I went 3 cashes for 4 and only made 9 dollars- they were just fucking folding slogs with shit for cards. Anyway, I get raped and that sets the tone. So much for shaking off the live results. Then today has been nice and gay so far, but I mostly can only blame myself. Where was I? Oh yeah, the other note.

So, I’ve been feeling down and playing and its cold and the weather sucks and I lit a candle. Truth came home from the hockey game and The Big Loud Dumb One was home. They are playing xbox and its sort of nice.

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE FUCKING ANAL RAPE HOUSE:

I raise from mid with KJoff. Flop open ended. Its only me and a small stack, he checks, I make a bet hoping he will fold his nothing. He check raises all in- fine- no way to fold and he has so few chips… He had a pair and an over card. I’ll let you guess if I hit a pair to beat his or if I hit my draw. Just guess. Feel free to use historic data.

7 hands into the 90k there is a guy who has 7x the starting stack. What the fuck???

Out in 3rd of my SNG 9. close chip stack between me and second place guy. He has pocket queens. I’ve got suited connectors. I hit my flush and push all in. One of his QQ was of that suit and he called- and rivered the four flush.

I can now focus more on the 90 knock out. Awesome- I love when I go out right as I write that sort of thing.

Several limpers into my BB. I’ve got KJoff. Board comes J33. I bet the pot. One caller- everyone else folds. Turn is a K. I push all in. He calls. With what? Pocket aces. Thanks to the 33 he has the better two pair. Hurray for fucking limping with aces!

Doing an 18 seat now.

I went out on the bubble when my A8 hit the following board 66835 against 55.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment