Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another nice fat middle finger from fate

Ninja.

First 5.5 of the day. Folding away.

So, I cashed in 4 SNGs yesterday and donked out of a major. I took 3rd in all the SNGs- but a 100% cash rate is not something to bitch about. (ahem… 100% of the SNGs)

This prompted me to check out my tournament history through Full Tilt and I am at damnnear a 50% cash rate for the past week. Well, lets get more exact. It shows 33 records since the 12th- although I believe this rough rate of winningness holds for about 6 days before that too… Of the 33 there are 17 cashes. Heh, better than 50%

2/3 of my stack gone.
Huge raise from SB with AJsuited
There were like 6 limpers.
It cleared out all but one
I hit 2 of my suit but nothing else on the flop
Half pot bet
He calls
Turn is a blank
We check
River is a blank
He checks
I throw out a bet
He calls
He turns over AQsuited and wins

Small raise preflop with AKsuited
AQsuited puts me all in
I hit a king

Back at 2/3 stack

Had a raiser in my BB when I held AQ but SB went all in and I folded.

Out. Environmental issues, no cards, tight table so the blinds got really big, let myself call an all in with K9suited. He had done it with a random ace- won Ace high. Was left with 35 chips. Built my stack back to 760 and went all in with AQ and ran into JJ. And he hit his set.

Just did another round of 5.5 9seat and took second. When it went to heads up I ran into a hidden set of 5s TWICE to lose it. How do you defend against that??

Next round. Tight table. Not a lot of cards. Just waiting for my opportunities.

For some reason I can’t fathom- maybe it was a party pot- I limped from the SB with 78.
I flopped the 8 high straight. The BB flopped the 6 high with his 23. We both slow played the flop, I bet the turn, we escalated to all in, I let him keep some chips since he had more than me.

Oh hey, table captain.

Bubbletime.

Again the table was tight enough that the bubble and following battle for third will be very volatile. Blinds are totaling 300 now- there are only 13.5 chips in play.

Money.

Took a deal when we hit heads up. I felt this guy had some bad mojo- it was the guy I doubled up through with the straight early on… He went on to win like 5 races against me.

5.5 SNG 9 seat.

Was seated with somebody I’d marked in purple. Oh, I should explain that.

I’ve been doing fairly extensive player notes with the green tag. I realized that I should also mark the people that I’ve played with but don’t have anything to say about.

Well, I was seated with one of those- looked him up on sharkscope- and he has good stats. Positive ROI, positive money, more games than me (but not by much). Its interesting.

Won enough chips to feel okay calling a small stack on what smelled like poop. Busted him. Go me!

I had limped with A8suited. He raised- everyone folded. His raise was small- I am willing to pay 3x to see those flops- so I call. I hit middle pair. I check, he goes all in for 2x the pot. I call. He turns over 45off. He had hit nothing. To drive my point home I hit a set on the turn.

Guy with the positive ROI is gone.

Down to 5 but my stack isn’t super healthy. Guy to my right is the big stack and he is a donkey. His stack is ALL from calling into raises with Ace Mid and hitting. He also calls pot sized raises with gutshots. I need real cards so I can put him away.

Out in 5th. Was slowly getting short stacked, not getting opportunity cards, not hitting flops when I did have something that wasn’t poop. And, speaking of, was squirming with the threat of diarehha. I know- you didn’t need to hear that. I miss having a laptop with a battery so I could take it with me. Anyway, called a small raise from big stack guy in my BB with A4off. (he had KT btw) we checked to the river and then he made a bet- I didn’t believe him. Oh well.

In the official record I am calling this an “operational donk” this was a term I coined last year for when some external factor forces you to abandon a tournament. I wasn’t QUITE at emergency time- but it certainly influenced my play.

Onward.

5.5 SNG 9 seat

First hand lost 2/5 my stack. Limped into a party pot from the SB with 78suited. Flopped the top two of an open ended. Bet the pot, had a caller, we checked to the river with scary aces on the board- he had flopped 2 pair and I never connected.

Recovered with some KKs.

Small stack limped and I reraised from mid.
One caller
Small stack goes all in
I go all in
Caller folds
Small stack turns over AK
We hit an AK on the flop
I take it home.

66 next hand from early- I figure to catch the momentum
3x raise
Same guy calls
Flop is 752 or something
Pot size bet
He folds

Decided I would read a little Wannabe. The first one was awesome and had a great exercise that I cannot wait to do. Even better? I will do it HERE!

So I won’t tell you what it was yet.

The second one I read was a list of answers to questions and two of them made me remember I keep meaning to read some books. I want to reread Harrington and I want to read Helmuth’s book. So I decided just one more.

THAT ONE talks about a concept I’ve tried to talk to Truth about several times. He listens- he has been very good at that historically- but hasn’t ever indicated if he really agrees or not. Anyway, I am linking that article so he can read it.

http://pokerwannabe.blogspot.com/2006/05/concept-of-bidding-on-hand_19.html

suited ace costs me money again
I tried to see a cheap flop in late position with A2suited
SB raised
And I called
I hate when I do this
I missed the flop
He bet
I folded

Raised with AJ
Got reraised by a small stack going all in
Called
He had AQ
Useless board- his Q wins the day

6 players and I am hurt but not too terribly.

M is 7, there is a stack smaller than me, and one slightly larger only (the guy I just doubled) and one only a bit bigger than him.

Another wrist smack with a suited ace. This time it was a A9. Tried to limp, got raised, called it, missed the flop, he checked, I bet half the pot, he insta-all-in’s… I folded. Back to hurting.

Fucking 5th again. I am not sure what went wrong overall.

5.5 SNG 9 seat.

I will quickly review notes from last game before this starts.

Answer, investing in drawing hands. If people price you out- go away. You are not a cop. You are a ninja.

The Big Dumb Loud One strikes again. In addition to the many things that frequently bother me about The Big Dumb Loud One there are a few items that bother me infrequently but to high levels of aggravation. He is cheap. And a bit of a hypocrite. He has ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION decided to turn on the AC, turned it on WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN, and then left. Conversely, and much more to my aggrevation, he will often sneak and turn it off. My room is the hot room in the house. Faces the morning sun, many internal walls- so I can take in heat but not get rid of it. He will turn off the AC in the morning. I will turn it on when I wake up and its 85’ in my room. And then that assclown will turn it back off as soon as I go to bed. Well, tonight its fucking hot. He is here with his GF because her house is hot. But, when he goes to bed he clicks it off as he goes by. I think it is on and decide I must be hot because of a light sunburn from being out today. I’ve been sweating for three fucking hours thinking it was just me. I go look and find its 81’.

Grrr…

Folded KK post turn to hold the chip lead. Well, not with that as a goal but a happy result. UTG raised 3x and I called from late with my KK. Flop came A22. He bet like a 10th of the pot? Min bet, so I let myself see the turn. It was a 3. He then bet the pot and I got out. Sigh.

About to go out 8th. Raised prelop from mid with AA. A guy goes all-in over me. I call. He turns up A3suited and hits his straight.

I am at M2 the next hand with A5. I go all in and get called by AT.

That AA crack is a ten-to-one BTW.

Fuck me. Grrr…

Opening up my Weeping Buddha.

A word on suited aces. I am throwing myself on the mercy of the court re: overplaying them. It is ABSOLUTELY costing me money tonight. And probably over time. HOWEVER, I believe that I underplay ace poop generally- so this has a little bit of a counterweight to it.

Having some trouble holding it together. The bad beat is eating at me (it would be less so if not for those two fuckoff 5ths), I feel the bubbling of more emergency shit, and I am getting tired- its almost 4AM.

I might just go ahead and fold a couple of hands and use the bathroom.

Coming into position now though. When I get to mid I will go.

Well, that might have been a good choice- I missed an A5suited that missed the flop. I could have gone out!

Almost went out. I am tired and not operating at my best.

Small stack raised 3x (half his chips)
I called with AJ
BB reraised enough to put small stack all in
Small stack folded
I called
Flop comes Q99.
Unless he has AQ or QQ I don’t think the flop helped him
He bets almost enough to put me all in
I go all in over that
He calls
And turns over A4off
The rest of the board plays out such that we chop.

I am fucking tired.

It hit so fast.

I think its depression about the way the last couple hours of play have worked out. Generally not ideal- some my fault- some misfortune- and then the AA getting cracked.

Fuck. I can barely keep my eyes open all of the sudden. It hit me over like 5 minutes. WTF…

Let a nice pot go to the bluffing guy when a second king appeared on the river. He bet the pot and I didn’t feel like going out calling him on the hand he actually hit.

Second all-in pot that got chopped. It makes me feel like there is no possible way to win. Note: This guy pushed all-in preflop with KQoff.

Went out to bluff guy with AQsuited vs. 88.

It literally makes me feel sick but I am suddenly so fucking tired and its like the whole fucking world of probability turned against me over the last two hours.

Fuck all.

No comments:

Post a Comment