Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Prep for the home game...

Ninja.

Man, I am in a great mood! No, that doesn’t capture it. Euphoric. That is how I feel. Euphoric. Just saying the word feels like getting hugged by a pretty girl.

I clobbered Full Tilt last night. Not perfect play- no huge wins- but solid and strong most of the night. I feel like a winner. Tonight is our first live game at the house and the field will include multiple sharks. It will not be “your father’s home game”. I expect bloodshed. I am going to go Crocodile Hunter on these guys. I should get some khakis.

Truth puts down the deposit on our custom table today so we borrowed a decent folding poker table from Paint- a friend of Truth’s. We bought 8 matched nice padded folding chairs at Costco this weekend and I’ve got the table setup and the chairs around it. The chips are counted out- enough for everyone plus one just in case. A deck of Kem cards is out- I will fan them and put the chips at each seat in a bit. I want to avoid the downtime typically associated with the start of a home game.

Okay, so, tonight. Truth will be there and he is now officially a world class player. Also Sherrif who is in Truth’s league I think. No huge wins, but very consistent medium cashes… He is the “cashed at 9 of the last 10 tourneys and got first 7 times” guy. I lack a good gauge of how dangerous Paint is. I’ve only met him once and it was at a 1040 buy-in at Bay 101 during a break. My impression is that he does well in home games and buys into big tournaments but does not cash. We will see. Paint is bringing four unknowns.

What I expect from Sheriff and Truth is a lot of super aggression that they will try to bolster with tight showdowns and laydowns. I believe they will try to create the impression that if they bet they have the nuts and you had better get out of the way. They WILL NOT always have the nuts- but they will make it expensive to find out. I also think they fear one another and this will lead to an effective collusion as they actively avoid one another. Bastards!

Okay, going to sneak in some painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment