Saturday, September 26, 2009

For Rent.

Ninja.

5.5 SNG 9seat

First hand, mid position, 88 no action, pot raise
One caller
Board is KQ5
Half pot bet
Scoop

Raised in the SB with QJ
BB reraised
I called
Paired board
We checked it down
He won with AK

Midfield makes a 3x
Multiple callers
I’ve got AT in late
I call too
Board flops a made flush
It checks around to the turn
I throw a bet out
It clears all but one guy who calls
River makes four flush cards
We check it out
He had QQ not of the flush, its enough to win

Early position move with AQoff
BB reraises me
I call
Flop is another motherfucking made flush
He bets it and I fold

I don’t know what is more painful- no cards ever- or pretty good cards regularly but EVER raise gets called and you never hit a flop.

My stack is now HALF.

Limp with A2suited in late
Hit the 2 and no flush cards
Somebody bets small
I all
We check to the river
He had hit middle pair

I am a little frustrated by some things in my personal life this evening. It’s the sort of meta circumstance that should keep me from the table- but I am supposed to go out this evening and if I do I won’t be able to play until after midnight. I was mistaken as to the date and I thought this would break my “cash every day” commitment. It actually won’t, but that is why I signed in.

That said I don’t think I’ve made any mistakes so far- ha, I just went out- but I was getting ready to write something about being off my game and I shouldn’t be playing and blah blah. This is the emotional/psychological issue I need to get past. Sometimes the cards don’t work out- I connected with bottom pair twice- people connected better. I made moves at unclaimed pots twice- and both times guy with real hands that were scared to get out were willing to come along. And then, my AA gets cracked when I, after my 3x preflop from UTG+1 gets called, go all in on a 972 board and get taken out by 77 guy.

That is unfortunate- but not me playing poorly. Regardless of weather or not I should have been playing.

5.5 SNG 9seat

Well, this looks familiar.

88 in mid first hand
Some limpers, I pot raise
Everyone calls
Board comes JJT
Everyone checks but the last guy, who makes a very small stab
Everyone calls
The board runner runners a 4 flush- oddly my 8 wins it

Folded A8 in late position with an UTG 3x and a caller ahead of me.
Glad I folded, I missed the flop and it escalated all-in

KK in middle late, one limper
I make it pot sized plus a little, but it’s really an over bet given that the pot button makes a larger than pot sized raise. The limper called- thank goodness. The board looks pretty much exactly like the board that took me out last time. He checks, I bet half the pot, he folds.

Okay, NOW I am not playing my best. Funny though, I am running well. For all the 6-to-5 ratio talk in the world- the game sure plays different with some cards.

I am going to abandon writing so I can spend what brain power I do have on the work at hand.

Okay, I need to get it out. I just lost half my stack to fucking 77 hitting a set again. Maybe this IS the last game again?

Okay, so I survive on the ropes FOREVER. From five handed to heads up. The bully stack was to my left and the other small stack to his right. He would do NOTHING to attack the other short stack but would call my every raise and check raise with abandon. I never had better than middle pair or a draw so I had to let those go. I manage to bottom feed until somebody is under me and knock them out… I do this for EVERY OTHER PLAYER and we go into heads up with him about double my stack.

I fight to even, I’ve got him outstacked by 180 chips. I look down at QQ in the small blind. I min raise, he calls. I flop the set but there are two flush cards. I bet, he calls. Turn is a blank. I bet, he reraises almost all in. I push him all in. He turns over 34 of the flush suit. And hits it on the river.

My 180 chips isn’t enough for the BB but I’ve got him dominated- and he hits a set to beat my 2 pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment